Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Cloud Backup Failed on SOHO wireless-N running SonicOS Enhanced 6.5.4.10-95n

All,

I'm getting the following error while trying to manually force a cloud backup or automated via a schedule. This process functioned normally but noticed it has failed since June 10th. I have verified via a packet capture that we are getting bidirectional communication between the SOHO wireless-N unit and wsdl.mysonicwall.com. I have also tested and modified DNS settings with zero success. I updated from SonicOS Enhanced 6.5.4.4-44n to SonicOS Enhanced 6.5.4.10-95n as an attempt to correct this issue without success. Has anyone ran into this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Error from GUI:

Status: Error: Failed to upload preference backup file. [MSWAPP:FILEUPLOADFAIL]

Syslog Server Message:

2022-06-21 08:30:03 Local0.Warning <IP Addy>  id=<Hostname> sn=<Serial #> time="2022-06-21 12:30:03 UTC" fw=<WAN IP Addy> pri=4 c=0 gcat=1 m=1512 msg="Automatic cloud backup failure - [MSWAPP:FILEUPLOADFAIL]" n=1 fw_action="NA"

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@Tytec , sorry to say, you are going to have to open a Support Case for this ongoing and recurring problem if you want to have cloud backups. From personal experience, scheduled backups take place days after a problem is encountered; other times, not so much.

Good luck.

• TytecTytec Newbie ✭
    edited June 2022

Thanks @Larry. I really wish I had an active support contract on this unit so I could do that.

• TytecTytec Newbie ✭
    edited June 2022

Just wanted to update everyone that I tested with a new unit with bare minimal configuration (SonicOS Enhanced 6.5.4.10-95n) and got the same error.

@LARRY,

With this unit, I will be able to open a ticket with SonicWall as it has a current support contract.

Status: Error: Failed to upload preference backup file. [MSWAPP:FILEUPLOADFAIL]

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tytec

If you are using sonic OS 6.5.4.8 or lower version, delete the existing cloud backups so it will start do the auto backup. ( This solution i got from @Larry & its worked for me.)

If you are using above of the mentioned version, you would have to create the support ticket to get the hot fix.

• TytecTytec Newbie ✭

@Ajishlal

Thanks for the info. I created at ticket this morning case number #43988377. I did try to remove those backups on the unit in the field without success on a unit running SonicOS Enhanced 6.5.4.10-95n. With the new unit I tired on both SonicOS Enhanced 6.5.4.4-44n to SonicOS Enhanced 6.5.4.10-95n with minimal config with the same error. The new unit doesn't have any previous cloud backups and just a bare minimal config is really the only difference.

@Tytec

You would have to remove the old backups from the mysonicwall portal.

• TytecTytec Newbie ✭
    edited June 2022

@Ajishlal

Yes sir, I removed from both the portal and locally on unit.

Thanks,

@Tytec

wait and see until the next backup schedule whether the miracle happened or not 😀

• TytecTytec Newbie ✭

@Ajishlal

Will do👌

• TytecTytec Newbie ✭
    edited June 2022

@Ajishlal & @Larry,

Pulled this from the event log this morning. I also revived a notification from TAC that they are actively working on the issue. I'll make sure and post the resolution as soon as one is reached and tested. Thanks for your help thus far!

ID-1512 Automatic cloud backup failure - [MSWAPP:FILEUPLOADFAIL].