Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

I am failing a PCI compliance scan. Any help would be appreciated.

PCI says I need to close the port effecting the error. My network guy is concerned that if we close the port, then he can't remote in and help me. The other option is a dedicated router to my credit card machines.

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Answers

• iamabrokenmaniamabrokenman Enthusiast ✭✭

Perhaps you need a better network guy if he cant think of another way to provide help for you while you maintain your PCI compliance. I dont know what product/s you use or how is this remote access setup but I think your PCI compliance outweighs the network guy's immediate convenience. DM me if you want help with that, I can refer you if desired. Good luck.

• signqueensignqueen Newbie ✭
    Thanks for the feedback. I agree the PCI compliance outweighs his ability to remote in. However, we are a small business and don’t have an on-site networking person.
  • TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope its not port 3389... But if it is, restrict connections coming to that port from only his known IP address. If that's too much, temporarily disable the Access and NAT rules allowing the connection during the compliance scan, then re-enable once you pass.

Ultimately though you should find someone who knows what they are doing.