Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

why are the settings reset to "process all massages the same" again after every update

ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

I mentioned so often that i noticed the settings are change back to : "process all messages the same"

"Directory Harvest Attack (DHA) Protection Settings"

=>>"Action for messages sent to email addresses that are not in your LDAP

==>> "reject invalid adresses" this option is my favorite value . but it is changed back from time to time and i am not informed. We have several HES and it is on every tenant.

On the current flood of spam it is only to be expected that all the DHA scrap will be blocked by an email security solution - or am I wrong?

--Thomas

Category: Hosted Email Security

Answers

• David WDavid W SonicWall Employee

@ThK Just an FYI, We have been tracking this and do not have a clear understanding just yet of why this is happening.

Some customers see it and others do not.

David Wilbur

Technical Support Senior Advisor, Premier Services , SME Email Security

• ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

@David W by time i click in the settings again. Seems that the last weeks this is fixed to the my choosen values.

What I have we started with HES early from the product launch. So the first instances are all located in the US. The newer ones were then located in Frankfurt or maybe some also in Amsterdam as it was the first in europe. I can´t see where actual which Tenant is located. But maybe there is a different behavior so not all of them have changed the settings in the past.

--Thomas

• David WDavid W SonicWall Employee

IT will be snwlhosted.com rom US and snwlhostedeu.com for Europe which is in Amsterdam.

David Wilbur

Technical Support Senior Advisor, Premier Services , SME Email Security

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@ThK @David W to quote from April 2022 "We have been tracking this and do not have a clear understanding just yet of why this is happening." it seems the understanding did not made any progress.

A year later it still happens, I guess I need to check HES instances at least once after every update that I'am getting aware of.

This DHA dilemma does not become old it seems.

--Michael@BWC