Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Issue using ARP Cache filtering function

Hi, is there some know bug in the /Network/System/ARP ARP Cache page?

In all firewall running SonicOS 7.0 we found that you cannot filtering the data using the top field:

It looks like the text field only accept a single character 🤔

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    pmelchioripmelchiori Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

I've spoken with the support today and they confirm the firmware bug.

Fix is coming 😉

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

@pmelchiori I checked on a TZ 670 running the latest 7.0.1 build on Firefox and there was no problem to filter on IP or MAC address. Maybe it's a browser issue (again)?

Update: all good in Google Chrome as well.

--Michael@BWC

• thanks for the reply @BWC but I've checked the GUI using:

• SonicOS 7.0.1-5018-R1709
    • TZ 270, TZ 370, TZ 570
    • Osx and Win
    • Google Chrome and Firefox

But the problem still exists...

I'm going to update the firmware to the latest version because the problem doesn't affect the demo online page 🙄 https://tz270.demo.sonicwall.com/

thanks

• I've tested that page with a local TZ 270 and the latest SonicOS 7.0.1-5030 and the problem still exist (using Google Chrome and Firefox)

@pmelchiori I checked again on a TZ 270 this time, filtering is working as expected. It seems you already checked on different endpoints, any common component which could interfere, e.g. Endpoint Security, Brower Plugin etc.?

Does your Browser Console throw any errors when trying to filter?

--Michael@BWC

• Thanks @BWC but I've already tested the GUI with Mac and Win, same problem... but I've discovered some more things:

1) It looks like you can fill the field only with IP address already present in the list (and not MAC Address)

2) I can paste a mac in the field but I have to refresh the page later and the filter doesn't work

🤨 Looking inside the DevTools console I found a lot of issue in the javascript calls:

@pmelchiori I cannot reproduce these kind of errors, no errors thrown when in the ARP Cache search field.

Is this also happening when you access in Incognito Mode? Because you already checked on multiple Endpoints I guess we can root out any Cache, Plugin etc. issues.

I'am lost at this point.

--Michael@BWC

• Yes, already tried, with different OS and browser and Sonicwall devices (today tested on NSa 4700).

I'm lost too... I'll open a support case for this, thanks 😉

@pmelchiori this might be for you in the newly released 7.0.1-5052 firmware marked as fixed?

GEN7-30022 The Search field in the ARP table only allows for the entry of one character.

--Michael@BWC