Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

what kind of support comes with just the TZ370 appliance without addons

What does a plain new TZ370 come with in terms of: support, warranty, firmware upgrades?

e.g. 24x7 telephone support for 5 years, hardware replacement warranty for 3 years, firmware upgrade for life of product?

Not very transparent, as these information is very hard to find on the site...

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@jmc are you talking about a TZ 370 hardware only, plain appliance with SKU 02-SSC-2825? I'am not sure if you can get it without any Support Services.

Bare minimum is IMHO one of these if you don't wanna activate any security services.

02-SSC-6613     SonicWall TZ 370 Subscription   8X5 Support, 1 Year
    02-SSC-6615     SonicWall TZ 370 Subscription   8X5 Support, 3 Years
    02-SSC-6617     SonicWall TZ 370 Subscription   8X5 Support, 5 Years
    02-SSC-6517     SonicWall TZ 370 Subscription   24x7 Support, 1 Year
    02-SSC-6519     SonicWall TZ 370 Subscription   24x7 Support, 3 Years
    02-SSC-6521     SonicWall TZ 370 Subscription   24x7 Support, 5 Years

This might answer your questions:

--Michael@BWC

Answers

• jmcjmc Newbie ✭

Yes, I was originally thinking of getting the standalone sonicwall TZ370 (02-SSC-2825) only, various authorized dealers sells just that.

In my earlier search, I did come across the same link you provided, but to me its not clear what the hardware only appliance comes with in terms of firmware and support coverage are.

But I think you are saying the standalone unit has no support nor firmware upgrade (which can be problematic considering the number of reported issue about the out-of-the box firmware being buggy).

Knowing that, I will likely go with your suggestion of getting at least the bare minimum support package you indicated.

To be clear, if I understand this correctly, if I get '02-SSC-6521   SonicWall TZ 370 Subscription  24x7 Support, 5 Years'

I will receive 24x7 telephone support for 5 years, hardware replacement warranty for 5 years, firmware upgrade for 5 years.

Is this correct? Thanks in advance.

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

@jmc this is covered with the mentioned SKU:

Add SonicWall 24x7 Support to receive around-the-clock technical support for your mission-critical network requirements. Includes 24x7x365 telephone, email and Web-based support, software and firmware updates and upgrades, Advance Exchange hardware replacement and access to electronic support tools.<b> NOTE: SonicWall support contracts do not include step-by-step installation or configuration of products or services.</b>

I can't say if I would go that route just needing a Router with VPN functionality, because the SNWL appliances only showing off with the Security Services enabled, at least for me, YMMV.

--Michael@BWC