Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

HELP! No internet after connecting to NetExtender

DeuceqDeuceq Newbie ✭

Running a TZ600

SonicOS Enhanced 6.5.4.7-83n (Previously 6.2)

Have been using it with no problems for quite a few years now. Until 2 weeks ago when we started having issues. At first we thought it was just Linux users but it appears to affect all users.

We have several users that VPN in over SSLVPN. We have 15 extra licenses pack and have been using them fine with no issues. Recently it appears that after 5 users log in via SSLVPN the 6th user and above to login then will do so with no access to internet. They can log into the Netextender but cannot connect to local internet or internet via server. No matter the site, it will give back one susccesful ping then error out. If one of the top 5 people log out then the 6th person can get internet. Have tested now on serveral versions of Netextender and receiving the same results.

Can it be a licenses issue all of a sudden?

Category: SSL VPN
Tagged:

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    DeuceqDeuceq Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

Nothing has changed in years. Everything has been smooth sailing so no need to change. This just started happening so i figured maybe we would upgrade the firmware and this would solve the issue. Downloaded what I thought was the latest (6.5.4.7) thats the only reason im on it. No reason why we are not on 6.5.4.8...

And yes we are tunneling all through sslvpn...

Interesting development*

IP address is dished out to SSLVPN users - range from 10.0.0.70 and up...

the first 5 users (Untroubled) are 10.0.0.70 - 10.0.0.74 - They have no issues at all

The next user to log on gets 10.0.0.75...

NEVERMIND....Figured it out... Ran through all the IP addressess and apparently 10.0.0.75 had been auto assigned to a device even though it had been set to static. Typed in the IP and sure enough it brought up the device. Went into the device settings and the IP was set to static and set for 10.0.0.162....

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

If it was a license issue your user wouldn't be able to login and would receive a notice. I know I had a few problems with SSLVPN on Gen6 devices pre-6.5.4.8, any reason you're not on it?

What happened two weeks ago? What does your sslvpn config look like (tunnel-all)?

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

"Everything has been smooth sailing so no need to change." this type of response is why places get ransomwared...

Glad you got it worked out.

• DeuceqDeuceq Newbie ✭

HAHAHA yea that piece has been secure since back in 2014 when I had to make a trip to an ATM in Brooklyn to buy Bitcoins....