Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Sonicwall Analyzer 8.5 flash player uninstalled

Respected all,
today I mistakenly uninstalled the Adobe flash player on my computer, and since then I can't use SW Analayzer. Since I can't install it anymore, I would ask for help on how to continue using the analayzer.
Thank you.
Greeting

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Answers

• Hi @JUREMAZIC,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

Analyzer works in conjunction with flash player and unfortunately, there is no possible way out here. We have analyzer similar reporting and managing tool called GMS which also uses flash till version GMS 9.2 and this is fixed from version 9.3. With analyzer the latest version is 8.5 and it doesn't work without flash.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @JureMazic

I am also having same issue but this is as per Adobe policy.

• KimKKimK Newbie ✭

When will Analyzer be fixed to work without Adobe Flash? I am also experiencing this issue as we do not have GMS, only Analyzer.

• Is there any update on this? Just installed the latest version of the analyzer and ran into this issue. New to Sonicwall

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @DrStrangeTech,

Analyzer is end of life product and there is no support.

Instead Analyzer you can use GMS 9.3 or Analytics for the reporting.

• kthorkthor Newbie ✭

For emergencies check out Slimjet brower at https://www.slimjet.com/

worked for me, but slowly.

K

• ErikVoghellErikVoghell Newbie ✭

I recently had to reinstall the Analyzer. I never really used it, I have an Analyzer licence, paid for a long time ago. I need it now.

Sonicwall support told me I can't use any version more recent than 8.5 with my level of support! 8.5 REQUIRES Flash!

Sonicwall are about to lose a corporate customer soon, Watchguard will take place at my licence renewal. This is the worst support I ever had on a critical equipment like this.

• prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭

The replacement for Analyzer is Analytics 2.5 on prem with Syslog, soon to be updated to 3.1 I believe, not sure why SonicWall have not told you this, N.B. afaik this is only for Virtual appliances ( Hyperv & ESXi ) not Windows.