Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Do not allow Emails in Email Security

Hello, how are you? I'm just about to implement Email Security at the Software level, and I can't find the configuration to disable the user to admit spam when the summary of his mailbox arrives. I need you to only be able to visualize it but not "admit it", is that possible?

Category: Email Security Software

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    David WDavid W SonicWall Employee
    Answer ✓

All of the settings pertaining to what users can do from the Junkbox summary are in the summary settings page.

David Wilbur

Technical Support Senior Advisor, Premier Services , SME Email Security

Answers

• JdelgaJdelga SonicWall Employee

You can disable allow users to unjunk emails

This is under Manage | Anti-Spam | Anti-spam Aggressiveness | uncheck the box Allow users to unjunk spam

• gussr16gussr16 Newbie ✭

If it is disabled, however in the summary it still appears so that they can "admit" spam.

By disabling the option, do you assure me that the user should not be able to admit spam?

Thanks you,

• David WDavid W SonicWall Employee

Correct, the settings do not limit the links in the junk summary, they can be clicked but do not do anything.

David Wilbur

Technical Support Senior Advisor, Premier Services , SME Email Security

• gussr16gussr16 Newbie ✭

Thanks for your help, but by enabling user not delete spam, you can continue to support in the junk summary.

I can't find this solution