Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

CaptureClient - S1 Version Management 4.6 vs 21.5

BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi there (@SuroopMC)

there is a "new" SentinelOne Agent version 21.5.3.235 released for Capture Client, but only for Windows. When will the macOS counterpart be released, because of the M1 support?

About Version Management, I selected "SonicWall Managed Latest Release", why is this still 4.6 for Windows? If I check the custom version selection, both 4.6 and 21.5 are marked as latest Release. When will 21.5 be promoted to be the latest latest Release?

--Michael@BWC

Category: Capture Client
Tagged:

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    SuroopMCSuroopMC SonicWall Employee
    Answer ✓

@BWC - my apologies but it looks like this was inadvertent error as we don't support the 21.5 client yet. Our testing indicated some issues and we had decided to hold off until those were resolved. We're actually looking to release the Windows and macOS client together probably closer towards the end of the month. And we might actually go straight to the 21.6 clients which are expected to GA by then.

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

And one bonus question, when custom selected "SonicWall Managed Latest Release 21.5" does not update the Endpoint from 4.6, I had to switch to "Self Managed Latest Release 21.5" and it updated right away. Is this suppose to happen?

--Michael@BWC

Hi @SuroopMC I see. I already updated one system to 21.5, I guess I can leave it there if I don't experience any issues? Not sure if I should try a downgrade, not a big fan of that.

21.5 natively from S1 is running pretty smooth so far, what problems did you encounter?

--Michael@BWC

• SuroopMCSuroopMC SonicWall Employee

It wasn't an issue on the S1 side - was a compatibility issue with our client specifically on servers. Since we don't have separate client for PCs and Servers, we didn't want to do a partially working release.

And yes - i would recommend leaving it as is for now as long as it's not running into issues.

Hi @SuroopMC thanks, I'll wait for the next Release then.

--Michael@BWC

SentinelOne released 21.6 for Windows as GA, hopefully it'll reach CC soon.

--Michael@BWC