Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

CF Policy not working on some bypass auth (on specific IP address) - CFS

samajsamaj Newbie ✭
edited July 2021 in Entry Level Firewalls

HI All,

I want to configure CFS Policy on some Bypass Auth(only on specific IP address). 

so i configured as below, but its not working according to policy as i configured.

Firmware Version:SonicOS Enhanced 6.5.4.8-89n

please help

thank you

CFS Policy:-

CFS policy priority:- (1)

Access Rule:-

Thank You!

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @SAMAJ,

Are you trying to bypass an IP address from CFS policy?

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• samajsamaj Newbie ✭

hi @Saravanan

thanks

Firstly the user will be able to access the internet without entering an ID password.

so, I add IP range in the address object.

-I add an access rule for that IP addresses range. as bypass authentication.

-and applied content filter policy for that IP addresses to allow some specific URLs and categories.

-And that user will be able to access only that particular category or URLs which I allow from the Content filter policy.

so is it possible to apply the Content filter policy on IP addresses? not on user accounts.

• samajsamaj Newbie ✭
    edited July 2021

@Saravanan

In short, I want to apply a content filter policy to an IP address/IP address group (without authentication by username and password), not to a user account or user group?

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @SAMAJ,

Thank you for the explanation in detail. This is possible. Does User Level Authentication (ULA) bypass works for you? Also, the CFS policy created for the specific IP address or range should be on top priority among all other policies. Please make sure to clear browser cache and use different browsers when you access the allowed/blocked websites.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services