Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Syslog CEF format - SMA 8200v

We are using Azure Sentinel, which requires syslog to be in CEF format. I'm not finding anything for formatting syslog on the appliance GUI. Is there a way to change to format of syslog output from the 8200v appliances? Our security team will replace the SMAs before they replace the SEIM.

Thanks

Scott

Category: Secure Mobile Access Appliances

Answers

• SkumarSkumar SonicWall Employee

HI @Shultis,

We are reviewing your requirement. We shall have this thread updated.

• SkumarSkumar SonicWall Employee

Hi @Scott,

As of current this would be a feature request . To get this feature into product line we would request you to open a support request. once we have support request our support team would raise a feature request with Product Management for further review.

• Doug_DanielDoug_Daniel Newbie ✭

Shultis,

we are considering Azure Sentinel as a SIEM and I was surprised to hear of the CEF requirement. I am not convinced that Azure Sentinel cannot ingest raw syslog, but i am not currently using it and no expert.

See what you think from this link: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/azure-sentinel/azure-sentinel-the-connectors-grand-cef-syslog-direct-agent/ba-p/803891

That said, i would second the request that the SMA 1000 series support CEF directly.

Thanks - I will follow this thread.