Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Stacked NSA3650 Management Ports

I have two switches and two NSA3650's running in HA with the WAN and LAN interfaces from the primary unit plugged into switch 1 and the WAN and LAN interfaces from the secondary unit plugged into switch 2.

If I plug the management port from the primary unit into switch 1 and the management port from the secondary unit into switch 2 and give the interface an IP will I be able to access the secondary unit if the primary goes down?

Thanks.

Category: High End Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @pinaldps , the simple answer is yes, but for the Management IP of the Backup appliances this is configured on the Primary Appliance's MGMT Interface, you will see you can add a secondary IP, this is what the Backup appliance then uses as it's IP for its MGMT Interface.

Answers

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @PINALDPS,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

I would like to understand the scene better. Please help with below questions.

• How are the switches connected between themselves?
    • Are these switches manageable or non-manageable?
    • If they are non-manageable, connecting WAN and LAN interfaces to same switch can cause network loop.
    • Are you trying to utilize both the switches for SonicWall HA purpose?

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services