Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Configure SonicWall WAN / X1 Interface With Static IP Address *and a VLAN ID*

Hi,

I am trying to set up a static IP for our TZ370W. I did see this post:

https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/how-can-i-configure-the-sonicwall-wan-x1-interface-with-static-ip-address/170503917481882/

But I can't get it to work. There is just no internet connection after I do the setup (all pings fails, etc...)

Our co-working space provided us with the static IP, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS information... but also a specific VLAN ID. I suspect this is the problem.

How/where can I specify the VLAN ID for this to work?

Thanks so much

B

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Remove the current configuration of X1 and add a subinterface to X1 tagging the appropriate VLAN ID.

Or you can have your 'co-working space' provide you an 'access' or 'untagged' port instead of requiring tagging from you.

• BenoitBenoit Newbie ✭

Hi,

Thanks so much for your answer.

I tried to add a virtual interface X1:V50 (VLAND ID=50 is what the co-working space communicated)

But sorry I'm not sure to understand what "Remove the current configuration of X1" mean.

If I choose Zone="Unassigned" for X1 it complains "One WAN interface must be selected for Failover & LB groups".

I tried to keep X1 with Zone=WAN and DHCP, and then setup all the IP/mask/gateway/dns/VLAN ID in X1:50 but ping still fails

I also tried to setup IP/mask/gateway/dns/VLAN ID on X2:50 and change the cable to X2 , but ping fails as well.

Thanks again

B

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

I said 'remove the current configuraiton of X1' because I didn't want you to use the same IP address/mask/etc. on X1 and your subinterface.

Were you doing the ping from the X1:V10 interface? Did you set X1:V50 as the preferred Failover/LB interface? This is an older article but it would help.

Or you can have your 'co-working space' provide you an 'access' or 'untagged' port instead of requiring tagging from you.

• BenoitBenoit Newbie ✭

Thanks. I tried various things that I think should have worked, but it did not.

At the end they changed the config, gave me an untagged port, and it just worked in 2sec.

THanks though!