Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Windows update breaks GVC

GeorgewmGeorgewm Newbie ✭

Good morning folks,

My home Windows 10 computer updated automatically overnight. Now my GVC client cannot connect to my Sonicwall TZ370 at work. Another user reports the same problem.

I was connected off and on all day yesterday with no problems.

I've tried uninstalling the client and reinstalling with the latest version. No change in behavior.

The GVC log shows the connection attempt stalling at the first ISAKMP negotiation attempt.

Is this a known issue?

Category: VPN Client

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Georgewm

try with different ISP or your mobile data. Might be your current Home ISP is blocking the GVC traffic.

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

What GVC version? What Windows 10 version? You have provided very little information.

• GeorgewmGeorgewm Newbie ✭

After going in to my shop and successfully connecting the GVC tunnel with several different updated computers I now suspect the problem is with my home network and it was coincidence that the problem arose after the Windows update. I will continue troubleshooting when I get home.

Sorry for the confusion.

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Georgewm

In that case i will recommend to you to use the SSL VPN. most of the home internet connections are blocking the GVC traffic.

• GeorgewmGeorgewm Newbie ✭

This evening I discovered a problem with my TP-Link router. Monday evening, while dealing with another issue, I accidently activated ipsec blocking. I removed the block and my problem went away.

I'm sorry for the confusion. I guess I'm so used to Microsoft updates causing trouble that I forgot about the router configuration changes. It didn't help that another user complained about what seemed to be the same issue at the same time.

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

No worries, you figured out the issue and that is whats important.