Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SSL VPN Server needs a reboot every week (TZ 570 with SonicOS 7.0.1-R1262)

TeleporterTeleporter Newbie ✭

hello,

I have about 10 to 15 SSL VPN users which can not connect after about a week of uptime of the firewall. Rebooting fixes it. When trying to connect, I can not see anything in the log of the sonicwall. When trying to open the Virtual office site in the browser it doesn't load

Category: SSL VPN

Answers

• TeleporterTeleporter Newbie ✭

I also tried changing the port to 4434 and back to 4433 and switching the SSL Server WAN Interface-Button off and on. Only the restart of the sonicwall would resolve it.

• Hello @Teleporter,

Welcome to the SonicWall community.

This looks similar to a reported issue with Issue ID: GEN7-21234. The Hotfix for this is already available. Kindly reach out to SonicWall support and they should be able to provide you with the HF.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

Thank you.

1. I can not find any further reference or information about GEN7-21234. Do you have any details?
    2. IIUC GEN7-21234 is resolved in SonicOS 7.0.1. How can I be affected then? https://www.sonicwall.com/techdocs/pdf/sonicos-7-0-release_notes.pdf
  • @Teleporter,

Issue ID GEN7-21234 is created internally for tracking purposes. So kindly reach out to Support and provide them the issue ID so that they know which particular issue you are referring to.

I had another customer with a similar problem recently even on 7.0.1. So, we have provided an HF build on 7.0.1 that resolved the issue for him.

I hope that helps!

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Thank you. Support asks me:

"do you know which Hotfix you need, do you have any reference number"

can you help me

• @Teleporter,

H17127-229 should be the HF build you can apply.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

• Same issue here. It has going on since we upgraded from Gen 6 firewalls to Gen 7 TZ470's. We have 2 in an HA pair running 7.0.1-R1456 now and SSLVPN will stop working after about 2 weeks. We failover to the standby unit and then reboot our primary and fail back to get SSLVPN working again. We have had a couple support tickets and hotfixes from support but nothing is a long term fix.

The Virtual Access portal is also unresponsive until a reboot.

Hello @EAnderson_SN

Thank you for your message. I have installed the latest Firmware 7.0.1-5018 recently. There was nothing mentioned in the release notes, so I have little hope that the issue is fixed.

I also had this Issue at a customer's site once, but in our office it happens more much often. I don't know but it might happen sooner when many SSL VPN connections are made or when a lot of data is transmitted.

• A_ElliottA_Elliott Enthusiast ✭✭

SSL VPN ceasing to function was in the release notes. It was why I updated my NSa2700/TZ670/470/270s as well. So far so good. Mine would quit right at every 2 weeks.

Dear @A_Elliott

Thanks for your message. I can only find the following in the release notes:

GEN7-22807 Client connections consistently fail with "Timeout" log messages when attempting to connect to a firewall with SSL VPN Server enabled. 

But this is under the "Known issue" section of the April 2021 firmware. Did you find something else in the release notes?

kind regards

• ThorstenThorsten Newbie ✭

Hi Everybody,

I have the same prob: NSA 2700 and SonicOS 7.0.1-R1456

After a week or 2 weeks SSL VPN suddenly does not work anymore.

Updated today to 7.0.1-5018 ..... Hope that helps.

Regards

Thorsten

• EnaEna SonicWall Employee

Hi @Teleporter

Thanks for reaching out to the community. If you're still having issues, send over (private message) your support number and I'll work with support to make sure you get the help you need.