Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SNMP with PRTG

Hi team,

We configured SNMP on firewall andadded it on PRTG application. Device monitoring was working for 2 days and then it stopped showing.

On the prtg application it shows "Error: No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (SNMP error # -2003)"

'Increase SNMP subsystem priority' checkbox is enabled as suggested in KB.

Category: Mid Range Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @DARSHIL,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

Please check for possible errors related to SNMP in the SonicWall GUI logs. Please take a screenshot and add it here in the post. Let me take a look.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• DarshilDarshil Newbie ✭

Hi @Saravanan ,

I did not find any error logs in the GUI.

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @DARSHIL,

We may need to perform a packet capture on the SonicWall SNMP (UDP 161, 162) to understand if SonicWall responds or drops the SNMP polling requests from the SNMP tool.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

Hi @Saravanan

On Packet capture i could only find consumed and generated packets.

But somehow the sensor is added on PRTG, now all the interfaces that i have added are fluctuating every few minutes, whereas other firewall sensors like HTTPS, SSL, etc shows green.

I also have a cisco L3 switch added on PRTG, it shows no such problems.

Hi

On Packet capture i could only find consumed and generated packets.

But somehow the sensor is added on PRTG, now all the interfaces that i have added are fluctuating every few minutes, whereas other firewall sensors like HTTPS, SSL, etc shows green.

I also have a cisco L3 switch added on PRTG, it shows no such problems.

Any suggestions?

• JasonCJasonC Newbie ✭

I too am having these SNMP issues with PRTG monitoring my company's NSA firewalls. Any feedback as to what the issue is?

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Darshil

Check your SNMP configuration is correct in SonicWall as well as check the PRTG hosted system can be reach the Firewall.

I used PRTG sensor for "SonicWall System Health" & its working fine.