Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

NetExtender losing profile and not always working?

AndyAndy Newbie ✭

Upgraded firmware on firewall.

Uninstalled NetExtender and removed folders for NetExtender

Re-installed NetExtender and added configuration, restarted laptop.

Upon 1st attempt to login and connect the server and domain (profile) are populated with correct information and user was able to connect through VPN. User then disconnected and tried to log in the 2nd time and profile information was missing, was able to enter server info but not domain, the username and password area was greyed out. Rebooted laptop and profile was there and able to log in. User indicated that it would work this way a couple of times but would eventually fail completely.

Any one know what may be causing this, it is happening to at least 2 laptops, so it not the user profiles

Category: VPN Client

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

What firmware version(s) are/were you running on the firewall? What NetExtender version(s)?

Any reason why you manually uninstalled / re-installed? You can force NetExtender upgrades via the Client Profile on the firewall.

• AndyAndy Newbie ✭

Firmware Version is 6.5.4.7-83

NetExtender version is 10.2.309

Uninstall I was trying everything at that point. Autoupdate is enabled

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

I have seen what you are describing before, but that was years ago on much older versions of both firmware and netextender...

I would try using an older version of NetExtender, one that you hadn't had problems with. Obviously, removing auto-update as well.

I tend to stick with versions between 8.6.266 and 9.0.x.