Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

CC 3.1.5 -> 3.6 Management Server

BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi,

none of my CC 3.1.5 driven Endpoints is shown as active in the Console (if any Device is shown instead of the Spinner).

The Summary Page in the Client still shows https://captureclient.sonicwall.com as Management Server, is this correct? It timed out yesterday, but these messages are gone. Status is Online and compliant, but experience shows that does not mean anything because it's not on-par with the Backend.

I guess I need to remove all Clients and start all over or is that a resolvable situation?

--Michael@BWC

Category: Capture Client
Tagged:

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    SuroopMCSuroopMC SonicWall Employee
    Answer ✓

Fundamentally, this is how it's setup:

1. All clients would have been pointing to their original consoles (CC 3.1 or CC 3.5)
    2. If you are running SonicWall-managed Policies, your clients would auto-upgrade to CC 3.6 and then point to the new Console (CC 3.6) - resulting it in showing up as online and all green there
    3. If you are running Self-managed Policies, you would have to login to the original console (CC 3.1 or CC 3.5) and then change your policies to select the 3.6.24 version (we recommend SonicWall-managed but you can choose Self-Managed)

If it doesnt auto-upgrade the client, you may either need to logout/login or reboot the endpoint.

Answers

• MJ_InComMJ_InCom Newbie ✭

Hi, we are having the same issue.

I have opened a case with sonicwall yesterday. So far they said, that the engineering team is looking into it.

• SuroopMCSuroopMC SonicWall Employee
    edited May 2021

If your endpoints do not show up in the CC 3.6 console, its because they have not upgraded to CC 3.6 yet.

@BWC - thats why the summary page still shows captureclient.sonicwall.com

Please review this KB article for more details on how this works and how we recommend you get your clients migrated over to CC 3.6

https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/releasing-capture-client-3-6/210310055724973/

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

Hi @SuroopMC I was not aware if this multi dimensional Management Universe, I thought Migration means just moving it over to the new platform.

I changed the Policy from Self-managed to SNWL-managed but it does not upgrade automatically, I had to reboot the client, re-login did not made a difference.

CC 3.6 is now installed, Console still shows not active but this maybe related to the ongoing issues, I'll let it alone for a while.

Update: The migrated endpoint now shows up twice in the Device Listing. The 2nd line seems to show the active one with some weird Username and a Visible IP (AWS) which is not mine. It also lost it's group assignment.

CaptureClient Log shows that the Endpoint got a new Device ID.

Thanks for the quick response.

--Michael@BWC

• Jim356Jim356 Newbie ✭

Do the clients need to be removed from the old 3.1 portal?

I need to download a manual to try and figure out this new version. have they published one yet? I used to have certificates deployed and now they are not on all machines. I see how to create the dynamic groups, but don't see how to assign a particular policy to that group

• SuroopMCSuroopMC SonicWall Employee
    Docs are available here https://www.sonicwall.com/support/technical-documentation/?language=English&category=Endpoint%20Security&product=Capture%20Client

If you have moved all clients over you don't need to remove them from the 3.1 console. When we decommission all.data will be destroyed.