Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Blocking gmail accounts

I'm using Sonicwall TZ400 firewall. Is there any way I can block login to all gmail account, except one. We have one gmail account we use for office purpose. All staff are allowed to use that one. But we need to block all access to other gmail accounts. Is this possible in TZ400?

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Fabin,
    I dont think so that can be possible through firewall.
    Through Firewall you can block unblock exclude devices (IP/MAC) gmail or any other apps.
  • Hello @Fabin,

Using custom header insertion under Content Filter Service, you can block domains that can log in through gmail.com.

For example, anyone using abc@sonicwall.com can login but all other domains cannot. But it is not possible to allow only a single account like abc@gmail.com and block all other accounts that are part of the same domain.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• You could setup Authentication and limit Website Access On a User-base.
  • MPERU99MPERU99 Newbie ✭

you could use a match object - webmail block with application list to include webmail gmail, then in your rules app rules using match content of the new webmail block, you can exclude the IP(s) of the user(s) using the gmail accounts