Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

No ES 5000/7000/VM Downloads in MSW

BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi,

3 days ago I was downloading Firmware 10.0.10 for a ES 5000 to do some testing. I was planning to deploy the Firmware for a few customers on diffferent platforms later this week.

But checking now into MySonicWall, all Downloads for Email Security are gone, only the old ones for ES 3300/8000 are still there.

Is it just me?

--Michael@BWC

Category: Email Security Appliances

Comments

• David WDavid W SonicWall Employee

No, There was an issue with Windows AD proxyaddresses being read so we pulled the build.

We should have a new one with the fixes available soon.

David Wilbur

Technical Support Senior Advisor, Premier Services , SME Email Security

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Great, at least I'am lucky this time not having an AD 😉

--Michael@BWC

• ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    @BWC yesterday i wondered why hes is still on 10.0.9 ! Here is the answer …

The pulled 10.0.10 Release is back and 10.0.10.6287 is available, hopefully for good this time.

Reading the Release Notes (ja, I do such things) got me thinking, minimum Memory Requirement is 16 GB of RAM. Does this mean this isn't meant for ESA 5000 anymore, which only runs with 8 GB. Even the pricy ESA 7000 just fits the Minimum. The appliances aren't fast performers anyways, so I guess we don't have to expect performance improvements.

--Michael@BWC

• ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@BWC please have a look to the DHA configuration. Is it now possible to "fix" the function to "Reject invalid adresses" ?

HES is still running on 10.0.9 and it keeps rolling back to "process all messages the same"

_____

Directory Harvest Attack (DHA) Protection Settings :

Action for messages sent to email addresses that are not in your LDAP server:

1) Process all messages the same

2) Reject invalid addresses

3 ) Always store in Junk Box

4 ) Permanently delete

--Thomas

Hi @ThK I checked an instance and it still sits there at "Reject invalid addresses", IMHO no change for two weeks or so?

--Michael@BWC