Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Stability/Performance Capture Client Management

BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
edited May 2020 in Capture Client

Hi,

for the last 15+ years I implemented another Endpoint Solution for my customers and I'am more than interested in CaptureClient and native SentinelOne. But the performance and stability of the Capture Client Management is IMHO not ready for prime time.

Maybe caused by the release of CC 3.0.11, I can't either login (Invalid username/password) or the SSO from MSW is not working, and when I finally got into the management it is dead slow, spilling errors (the little red box in the upper right corner) complaining missing policies, etc.

All the hard work in this product will not mean anything, if SonicWall isn't getting this thing rock-solid.

I don't know if this is a European/German related problem, but frankly the performance of all SonicWall cloud services (HES, MSW, ...) aren't really that good.

<sarcasm>And yes, I disabled DPI-SSL to have this out of the way.</sarcasm>

UPDATE: which explains a lot

https://status.sonicwall.com/incidents/221863

--Michael@BWC

Category: Capture Client

Comments

• Hey Michael@BWC,

We deeply regret the inconvenience caused and trying our best to improve upon these cloud services. I hope everything is up and running now for you. We were running into the 504: Gateway time-out errors, but it works for me now!

I apologize again and we will keep working towards getting this more stabilized.

Thanks!!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @shiprasahu93

an endpoint security that is not manageable for days, how should I recommend this to my customers with a good conscience? Problems can occur, but at the end it matters how long, often and in which severity they occur. The record for this ain't good, in my opinion.

Stay safe.

--Michael@BWC

• Halon5Halon5 Enthusiast ✭✭

Hey @BWC ,

Thanks for pointing this out.

I think SonicWALL still have a lot to learn about operations.

At least they are telling the truth. I like the truth. You can always fix this stuff if you know it.

I had given up looking at the status page some time ago. (it was all green - unbelievable). So it's something good for me in a way.

Best, Steph.

• Hello Michael@BWC,

This issue is being jointly investigated by the SonicWALL and SentinelOne Engineering teams.

Note: There is no impact to the protection status of endpoints. All endpoints with the client properly installed prior to the outage will continue to remain protected.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue and we are working hard to expeditiously resolve it. An update will be provided once we have a resolution. Alternatively, please feel free to sign up for notifications from the SonicWall Service Status page to be notified immediately when its functioning normally again. 

Thanks!!

Shipra Sahu

• We should be completely up and running at this point. Thanks for your patience!

Shipra Sahu