Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Work Out Loud: April 27 - May 1

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Welcome to the newest weekly series Work Out Loud - a simple discussion where members can share what they are working on for the week.

Share anything work related - your top 3 goals, thought for the week, what your work from home situation is like in these times or quotes to keep you motivated.

There may even be a special badge and points earned for users who participate in the WOL series. 🏅

Category: Water Cooler

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

This Weeks Work Mood

This Week I Am

• Introducing the new Work out Loud program for Community.
    • Working on some other surprises for the Community.
    • Feeling inspired by @BWC @shiprasahu93 and @KaranM contributing so much to the community.
    • Virtual meetings, sometimes my lab likes to jump in and contribute

Currently Reading: Every Tool's a Hammer: Life Is What You Make It - Adam Savage

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi Chris,

that's a funny idea. This week is a short week, because Friday is a holiday for us, so I'll exchange official office with home-office the day after tomorrow :). Had my youngest daughter at work with me yesterday and today, home-schooling isn't that much fun after a few weeks at home.

Besides dealing with the daily dose of insanity, I was hoping for Capture Client 3.0 this week, but maybe tomorrow. So testing this gem will be on my list for this week. Will definitely give the SonicOS 6.5.4.6 Beta a test-drive as well.

A customer is installing AlienVault as a SIEM, probably needs a helping hand to get it work with the SonicWall Appliances. If I can spare some time, I'll go ELK hunting again and see how this works out as a SIEM-alike.

Ubuntu 20.04 came out, preparing a few VMs with it, the whole Network gets restructured finally and a NSA is in the middle of that mess :).

Last but not least I was tinkering around with Packet Mirroring from a SonicWall appliance, need to find out if this UDP/4999 datastream is documented somehow, if there is no 2nd appliance to receive.

I guess that's it, nothing out of the ordinary.

Stay safe all.

--Michael@BWC

• KaranMKaranM Administrator

Hi All,

This week I completed the course "Project Management in Practice - Planning, Scheduling and Resource Management "and cleared the assessment. Friday is a holiday here as well, so I am planning to help my wife with cooking and I might join my brother in a play station battel. @Chris , what is the secret of that beard? Please share with all.😋

Knowledge Management Senior Analyst at SonicWall.

Nice job @KaranM ! I hope both you and @BWC enjoy your respective holidays.

hahaha 🤣 the secret to the beard? Simply time. Turning a winter beard into an extended winter/stay at home beard with New York being in lock down.

• shiprasahu93shiprasahu93 Moderator
    edited May 2020

Hello Everyone,

This week I have been busy with the beta tests on all the different programs that I am participating in. Also, had a lot of meetings lined up for various discussions.

Here were the goals I had in mind and making small progress day by day on them

1) Learn Python basics

2) Complete beta tests and provide feedback

3) Work on a super important replication related to CFS

This week has been a busy one and I am happy that I was able to take baby steps towards all the goals I had in mind. Eagerly waiting for the weekend to kick back and relax. I will be cooking new dishes and enjoying some painting/sketching time over the weekend.

@Chris You look so different with the beard, it's like a whole new person. Also, your dog is super cute!

Stay home and stay safe, everyone!!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

I see you're keeping busy @shiprasahu93 . Maybe we can see some of your paintings and sketches when you are ready to share!

Haha a lot of people tell me I look different with the beard. Thank you, I shall give him an extra cookie for your compliment. 🐶

• Hey @Chris ,

Here are a few!

It's been a few days I drew this one though.

And, this is one of my favorite paintings!!

It's been busy, I am in the middle of a new one, I will share once it is done!!

Shipra Sahu

🤯 That is some serious talent @shiprasahu93 way to go!

• Thanks @Chris. 😄

Shipra Sahu