Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Does anyone have the URLs to whitelist for survey.clicktools.com?

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2021 in Water Cooler

When SonicWall support closes a case, they send an email asking the recipient, to take a survey for feedback.

The link goes to survey.clicktools.com.

I've got Geo Blocking set up for a large part of the globe and this link fails to connect.

I do not want to play whack-a-mole by looking at the log, creating an address object, then updating the GeoBlock address group, and re-attempting.

Does anyone have a list of URLs I should be whitelisting? (I don't want to open a Support case for this because, well, you know...)

Thanks!

Category: Water Cooler

Best Answers

Answers

• Hi @Larry,

I hope you are well.

This is an interesting one. I assume you've already whitelisted survey.clicktools.com and it's still blocking?

In the mean-time I have asked our support leadership to look into this. We want your feedback so the whitelist information will be helpful!

Kind Regards,

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager

• Mr_KlaatuMr_Klaatu SonicWall Employee

@Larry, survey.clicktools.com points to 195.122.177.98 and is a RIPE IP reserved to UK, owned by Callidus Cloud, for SAP. Your Firewall GeoIP filter might be configured to block UK. But if you are clicking the URL and making an outbound connection that is being blocked by Geo IP, are you getting a block page? When you say list of URL's for Whitelist, are you looking for such 'service URLs' that SonicWall Business uses?

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@Mr_Klaatu I do not get a Block Page. The page in Firefox never resolves (times out).

What I see in the log is:

I asked the question because it seemed that if a site is locked down, then there should be some document (short of the one for CSC and NSM) that lists what should be permitted, short of a complete address range.

• Mr_KlaatuMr_Klaatu SonicWall Employee

@Larry, I am afraid I am not aware of such a documented list of URL's to be whitelisted in Geo IP, however I will double check with my resources and will update you if I find one.

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Adding the FQDN of *.clicktools.com as an exception to the Geo-IP blocking worked just fine.

Can't wait to catch up on providing feedback for all of the recent cases...