Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

bandwidth speed issue on NSA 2600

Our ISP provides us 1GB of data to our building & this has been tested & verified on their router. When I do a speed test on our firewall I only get 339 Mbps download & 664 Mbps upload when hardwired into my firewall during off peak hours. We do not have any

other functions enabled such as content filtering, antivirus, antimalware, ect., DPI is set to "DPI services enabled with additional performance optimizations". MTU setting is set to 1500 which ISP verified is correct. Any ideas what I can look at to figure out why we aren't getting our full speed? The NSA 2600 has a throughput of 1.9 GBps according to spec sheet.

Category: Secure Mobile Access Appliances

Answers

• emaudlinemaudlin Newbie ✭

all interfaces are set to 1Gbps Full Duplex

• ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@emaudlin the NSA2600 speeds with no filters 1.9GBps in theory :-)

but if you have only a few security options active it brakes down to 300MBps.

A good value for orientation is the Full DPI throughput : here you are about 300MBps like you have.

----Firewall throughput 1.9 Gbps, IPS throughput 700 Mbps, Anti-malware throughput 400 Mbps Full DPI throughput 300 Mbps IMIX throughput 600 Mbps Maximum DPI connections 125,000 New connections/sec 15,000/sec

-- Thomas

• emaudlinemaudlin Newbie ✭

So, Are you saying that I should change the DPI setting? It was set to Maximum DPI Connections & it was even slower bandwidth. I don't know what other security options we even would have enabled that would cause it to break down to 300MBps. Anything I should check?

• ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

@emaudlin the throughput depends on the cpu power. the NSA2600 is not made for the highspeed internet.

The Value of 300MBps for dpi ssl connection is a good proportion to the throughput the NSA2600 is able to handle.

Think about it, as you said before you have not activated any security options. What than is different to use a naked router instead?

If you have security services licensed contact your sonicwall Partner. you should be able to migrate the licenses to a Gen 7 Hardware and you will have throughput without loss

--Thomas