Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Netextender and access to local VMWare instances using NAT

RiRLRiRL Newbie ✭

I have local VMWare VM's that I'd like to access will logged into our SonicWall VPN.

They are configured to use static IP using VmNet8.

Works perfectly when I am at the office or not logged into the VPN.

Any suggestions about getting these VM to 'talk' while logged into SonicWall VPN, would be greatly appreicated.

Category: VPN Client

Answers

• KaranMKaranM Administrator

Hello @RiRL ,

Are these VM's in the same subnet as your local network, if not you will have to make sure that these static IP's are added to the SSL VPN client routes and also User VPN Access List. In case it is a routed network (VM's) that you are trying to access and you have a specific route created on SonicWall for them, please make sure that the SSL VPN IP pool is a part of that route.

Thank You

Knowledge Management Senior Analyst at SonicWall.

• shiprasahu93shiprasahu93 Moderator
    edited May 2020

Hello @RiRL ,

So, as of now you have a NAT policy to access the VM from the LAN? When you are on SSLVPN, do you also want to access them over a NATted IP?

Once you had the VPN access to the user and client routes, you might need a similar NAT for the SSLVPN pool.

I hope that helps!

Thank you

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @RiRL

if I get you correctly, you try to access your local (on your computer) runnng VMs while logged into your SSL-VPN?

Do you have a Tunnel-All-Traffic setting active for this connection? If you check your routing table when connected, you'll probably see that the vmnet8 is routed to the tunnel, you should probably add a better matching route (on your computer) for this.

--Michael@BWC

• @BWC if any customer using same on Aure over NSV on cloud with SMA100 + Sonicwall FW, let us know. we have fixed recently for NAT'd IP pool and this will be coming in SMA100 series upcomng versions.

SMA-1459: SMA on Azure is NATing Netextender IP

You can contact Shipra for the for more info.

Vijay Kumar KV

Enterprise Tech Support Consultant | SME