Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

ActiveSync behind SMA 8200v

I'm trying to set up a pair of SMA 8200v appliances with a CMS to allow ActiveSync to an on-premises Exchange Server from its external FQDN. Our onboarding engineer at Western NRG seemed surprised that under "URL Resource" was a section called "Exchange Server Options," with a check box for "Enable ActiveSync and Outlook Anywhere access to this resource." He had originally told me that ActiveSync was not supported. I've tried to get this set up correctly, but so far I've been unable to make a connection from an Android smartphone to set up an email account. My Internet searches have turned up almost no information on this topic, and even searching this discussion topic has been fruitless. Is there any documentation at all about how to get ActiveSync to work behind an SMA 8200v? Has anyone actually done this successfully?

Category: Secure Mobile Access Appliances

Answers

• ViveksViveks SonicWall Employee

SMA1000 supports Exchange Activesync for a decade now and many customers are using it.

Administrator guide contains instructions to configure it. You can also reach our technical support team who should be able to help you on this.

• ASTech2020ASTech2020 Newbie ✭

Do you have a link to the administrator guide that contains this information? I have not been able to locate it.

• ViveksViveks SonicWall Employee
    Try this, https://www.sonicwall.com/techdocs/pdf/sonicwall-secure-mobile-access-12-4-administration-guide.pdf