Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Realm authetication fallback

Hi Team,

We have created a Realm with radius authentication with SMS gateway setup.

In case the Radius server is down, how can users move to the other realm without making any changes in the client settings or in the appliance.

Is there any way to configure backup authentication server in the same realm instead of chained authentication?

Category: Secure Mobile Access Appliances

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Darshil

the Backup Radius Server is no option for you in that case? It should be contacted if the Primary Radius Server fails.

May I ask if you're doing Challenge/Response with your SMS OTP inside the Radius server or are you using the SMA onboard functionality?

--Michael@BWC

• DarshilDarshil Newbie ✭

Hi @BWC ,

I am using SMS OTP inside the radius server.

My concern is If my radius server is down, how will the users in that particular realm authenticate?

Can i configure a backup/secondary LDAP authentication in that same realm where the radius is primary or the users need to manually change the REALM before connection?

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Darshil

you can have multiple Domains assigned to your Portal, therefore you could you use LDAP as a Backup by manually selecting the Domain when logging in. This might be confusing for endusers and maybe bypasses MFA alltogether.

In your case I would try to have the Radius be redundant if possible and necessary.

Is your Radius deployment working in challenge/response and working in contemporary mode as well?

--Michael@BWC