Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

MySonicWall just went from 17.3 to 17.4.3 - what changed?

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Can someone please provide a list of changes / fixes / updates that have taken place?

Can someone please ask "the powers that be" to include this somewhere on the MSW interface?

Thanks!

Category: MySonicWall

Best Answers

• CORRECT ANSWER
    MicahMicah admin
    Answer ✓

Hi All,

I'll work on this request with the MySonicWall team.

Kind Regards,

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager

• CORRECT ANSWER
    LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

My case is now "pending close" because I received this reply:

I have checked with our Product Management team and I have received the response below.

MySonicWall unlike other products has a very short release cycle of 2 weeks. It will be difficult to generate customer-facing release notes. Customers should leverage in-product help for understanding the features on a certain webpage and can follow up with customer success for a particular issue they have reported.

That's too bad, really.

Answers

• Halon5Halon5 Enthusiast ✭✭

With you on this one @Larry .

PROPER CHANGE LOGS PLEASE

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@Micah

Would be, ahem, very nice if the version number was a hyperlink to the list...

Thanks!

Larry

Case 43626389 is open for this - just to make it official.

And @Micah - My RMM vendor issues monthly product updates. A week prior, they issue a preliminary email stating what is planned (along with the caveat that nothing is written in stone). When the release date arrives, they provide the full list of updates and changes - along with bug fixes.

I understand that NSM is going to be updated later this month (March 2021). It would be a marvelous practice if SonicWall was equally as transparent about its cloud-based products.

Thanks!

Larry

Not even 10 days from when I first opened the case about the switch from 17.3 to 17.4.3 and now MySonicWall is at 17.5

Still no clue as to what has been fixed, what has been enhanced, what bugs still remain...

Why is it possible this organization can find the means to issue that kind of list for firmware updates but not for portal changes?

Keeping this "discussion" open because - for unknown reasons - SonicWall has now reverted from 17.5 back to 17.4.3.

Still no word about what has changed.

And now MySonicWall is at 17.6

Although I do know one change is the fix to the Feedback page that now permits special characters... (yay me!)