Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Configure TX270 from inside a network

Just purchased a TZ270. Need to configure from within my home network before sending to site where it will be used. Can I configure the WAN 2 interface as a client on my home network in order to get internet access for the TZ? If this is not the correct approach can you point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• This approach is fine @Grady0298, just make sure you remove it before deploying it.

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @GRADY0298,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

Yes, you may configure the X2 interface as WAN and use it for Internet access in your home network. As @MasterRoshi mentioned, please remove it and if any other configurations w.r.t your home network on the TZ before deploying it on the Site.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Grady0298

my usual approach is to bind a customers LAN ip address as secondary address to the system from which I'am doing the Configuration. Attaching X0 to my LAN or Configuration network. Depending what kind of Connection the customer is having, if DHCP on the WAN I'll connect X1 to my LAN (Configuration) as well to access the Internet. If they're using PPPoE, I'll connect a tiny PPPoE Server to X1 simulating the remote side by accepting the Credentials the customer usually hands me over.

For that matter, the Appliance is 100% tested and configured to be ready to play on-site. No artificial Configurations needed, just ready to deploy.

--Michael@BWC