Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

How to do split tunneling with NetExtender client

Hello !

I must use NetExtender to connect my company.

The problem is that I use my own PC, this PC is for work but also for gaming for example.

So I want only remote desktop on the VPN, I don't want automatic updates from Steam, Origin, Epic Games, Battle.net etc... go into the VPN.

The only solution I have found to isolate is creating a Windows VM, putting NetExtender inside the VM and using remote desktop inside the VM.

Is there another solution for a non administrator ?

Thanks

Category: High End Firewalls

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @zuifon

do you have Tunnel All Mode enabled in your SSLVPN Device Profile, then that's the reason. If you can disable Tunnel All only configured Networks will be routed into your VPN.

--Michael@BWC

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @ZUIFON,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

I presume your question is w.r.t utilizing Netextender on a PC which is logged with a non-admin user account and you need a way to achieve this. Please confirm if my understanding is right.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• zuifonzuifon Newbie ✭

Yes, that's it.

I can't control anything with the NextExtender client.

It's a big problem for people who are using their own PC and not a PC provided by the company.

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @ZUIFON,

Thanks for your confirmation.

In that case, I would recommend you to try with L2TP VPN. We need to perform the config as listed in the below KB article web-link on SonicWall and try to use the built-in feature of Windows VPN Client to establish L2TP VPN connection.

Please check this and let me know if this helps.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services