Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Which SSL certificate is best for TZ600

Which SSL certificate is best for TZ600.what this mean(below picture)?how can i secure this connection?

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• @samaj,

The SonicWall web interface uses a self-signed certificate and that is the reason for that not secure message. You can generate CSR on SonicWall and get a signed certificate from any CA like GoDaddy, Thawte, or Comodo and install that on the firewall. This message shows up due to the self-signed cert but the session is still encrypted.

Please take a look at the KB below for getting a signed cert.

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• samajsamaj Newbie ✭
    edited March 2021

@shiprasahu93 thanks

I have a silly question. what are the differences between the sonicwall web interface SSL and DPI-SSL certificate?

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @SAMAJ,

I'm answering this question in the absence of Shipra. Web interface certificate is to secure the web access to the firewall's management using HTTPS. DPI-SSL certificate provides ability to decrypt and encrypt the SSL traffics that pass via the firewall for both inbound and outbound directions. Both their usage are different. DPI-SSL certificate used by the client machines behind SonicWall is obtained from the firewall GUI whereas the SSL certificate meant for web management is purchased from a Certificate Authority.

Hope this answers.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services