Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Stop and Start of the Office365Mail SaaS Application

TariqueTarique SonicWall Employee
edited April 2020 in Cloud App Security

Once O365Mail SaaS is added successfully to active SaaS application list, Stop and Start of O365Mail from UI is not recommended.

When clicking Stop, it takes a few hours (sometimes even day or so) to delete all configs on the customer's Office365 side.

Stop and then Start within few minutes will cause a simultaneous deletion and creation of the configurations and should be avoided.

Category: Cloud App Security

Comments

• Hi @Tarique ,

Thank you for the information.

As per the information upn using the stop information it would cause simultaneous deletion and creation of the configurations. Does that mean we will also loose the data at that point of time ?

Also wanted to know under what cirumstances we can use the options to stop the saas application.

Thanks

Nevyaditha P

Nevyaditha P

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• TariqueTarique SonicWall Employee

Customer should go for STOP option only when decided to stop using CAS for that particular SaaS application. The data in the portal will be cleared in about an hour. This meaning the security events and related data in custom queries. CAS backup will be cleared in 7 days.

• NevyadithaNevyaditha Moderator

Thank you for the answer.

Regards,

Nevyaditha P

Nevyaditha P

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• SNOC_MexisSNOC_Mexis Newbie ✭

Hi @Tarique 

I activated the product on Friday, March 12, exchange was soon active, but onedrive and sharepoint so far not, on Tuesday I stopped and reactivated the service, but so far they are still starting

I generated a case to support yesterday, but they tell me that they escalated it to backend team

How many days can it take for the product to be activated?

Thaks