Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

2 internet connections question.

We finally have 2 isp's running to the company. (fiber + cable) I hooked the 2nd isp (static) into x5 and set it to zone 'wan'. I added it to the LB and set it to round robin. It seems to be working as our outgoing speed increased to the fiber (100Mbs)

The issue. When the 2nd internet connection is plugged in - some things are flakey. People noticed that they could not get to some banking sites, Our email (outside service) does not connect ever time (it can fail a few times in a row then work). The second I unplug the 2nd internet connection - the problem goes away. If I connect to the 2nd internet connection with my laptop - everything works normally and I can get to the suspect sites.

Am I making sense?

thanks!

sam

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    shiprasahu93shiprasahu93 Moderator
    Answer ✓

@skunkworks,

If you are using the Round robin mode, I would suggest enabling this option under WAN load balancing, so that the connection once made to an IP address continues through the same ISP connection. This is usually crucial with banking/government sites.

Let us know if that helps!

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

Answers