Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

TZ600 running 6.2 - export .sig file?

Hi there,

I'm planning on updating the firmware on our TZ600, so I'm taking backups. Exporting the .exp file was straight forward. But I see that the previous IT team has a .sig file corresponding to each backup. I checked the 6.2 admin guide and must have missed what this file is and how to generate it (and also how to import it should the need arise).

Can anyone lend a hand or point me to an article that explains this? I've googled, youtubed, and searched the KB here on mysonicwall.com and have come up short.

Category: Mid Range Firewalls
Tagged:

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    shiprasahu93shiprasahu93 Moderator
    Answer ✓

@Chris_has_questions,

There should be a download button next to the current firmware with the settings file, as shown below.

But, if you are planning on upgrading the firmware, please export the .EXP and that should be sufficient. You cannot directly upload this .sig file to the firewall and can only be done from safe mode. If you have the .EXP file, you can download the corresponding firmware from mysonicwall and then import the settings.

The necessary backups to be taken before a firmware upgrade is listed in the following KB.

Please follow this article.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

Answers