Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SonicOS 5.9.2.7 - change to 5.9.2.13 ?

Hi all,

We use the NSA2400...

Was previously running Firmware: 5.9.1.13 (standard, not the enhanced)..

I updated in Oct 2020 to the latest release, but i updated to: 5.9.2.7

Main major difference i noticed, well, my users (x30) have noted, is that connection through SSL VPN is utter rubbish, like using ADSL from 20-22 years ago ! :(

If i change to the 5.9.2.13 , which i in theory i should have upgraded to back in Oct, can you forsee a problem, or would it be a pointless process ?

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

If you found a previous firmware performed better you can downgrade back to it. Mind you will lose some of the features and fixes of the newer version.

Have you tried any troubleshooting procedures including driver / NetExtender updates?

• Hi @STUARTUK,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

At this time, you may need to upgrade the firmware on the SonicWall to latest 5.9.2.13. If any issues, please take help from our Support Team. It is always a good practice to run the firewall on latest firmware for software definitions to be up to date. Yes, there is always a back door to revert the firmware back for worst case scenarios and you get this as a recommendation from Support Team.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• StuartUKStuartUK Newbie ✭

cheers for the input guys...

I did the firmware update, mainly because at the time, there was an announcement about a 0-day flaw, hence the firmware update...

But downside is it seriously affeected the SSL VPN !