Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

10.2.0.5 - End Point Control License expired

BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi,

I had to re-deploy my SMA 500v with the newly released 10.2.0.5 OVA Template.

Since then the End Point Control isn't working anymore, because it shows as Expired on System -> Licenses. EPC is IMHO part of the SMA license itself and valid for 45+ years.

Is this is only a problem on newly deployed appliances? Because other installations which got upgraded to 10.2.0.5 are not showing this behaviour.

I already contacted Customer Service to have my license checked, but they do not seem to be eager to answer that after 24+ hours.

--Michael@BWC

Category: Secure Mobile Access Appliances

Comments

• Halon5Halon5 Enthusiast ✭✭

Hi @BWC ,

There is no REAL partner engagement going on from our point of view. Certainly no PLAN being put forward to us.

Struggling to see how this is going to work out. So we have activated our mitigation plan.

We need a "This is how much we care VIDEO from SonicWALL". From the top with tech being featured.

Now's good.

Steph.

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Halon5

Customer Service replied yesterday though and created a technical case for me. I guess it does not seem License related. Will keep you posted with the results of that, hopefully they'll don't ask for configuration or TSR, because of the lack of information how much SNWL itself got compromised I'am a bit hesitant to send confidential data at this moment.

What baffles me a bit is the phone number that the Customer Service mentioned for further questions, +43 720 022460, that's a number in Austria but the area Code 720 is IMHO often used by Scammers because it's not bound to any domestic address. My fellow Austrians can chime in if I'am mistaken. It might have technical reasons, but it's a bit unfortunate to get associated with something like that.

--Michael@BWC

Hi,

still waiting for get my End Point Control License issue resolved.

I deployed a new SMA 500v with 3 years of Service, End Point Control is licensed up to 2071, which gives it 50 years, so it does not seem like a general issue with the 10.2.0.5 OVA release.

Despite the fact that Support is valid for this deployment up to 2024, GeoIP is only licensed for a year, something strange is going on with the Licensing backend.

--Michael@BWC

Hi all,

short update, had a call with the Support a minute ago, first he said I need to buy an End Point Control license (there is no such thing), then he tried to reset the license and at the end I have to wait for 10.2.0.6 which fixes ALL (!) reported bugs. No ETA, playing the waiting game.

This time I had to use RingCentral as Remote Software, usually it's sonicwall.webex.com (which is now an old thing I've learned), but better then Bomgar which is also in use. Free Tip from me: "Don't change Remote Access Software all the time" ... ask JimBrowning KarlRock etc. what they think about it.

Disappointment +1

--Michael@BWC

10.2.0.6 does not fixed my expired End Point Control like the Support was hoping for.

--Michael@BWC

This could be only resolved by Escalating by a SNWL Sales Engineer to Engineering. It was a problem at the backend, no change on the SMA needed. Now I'am golden til Summer of 2067.

--Michael@BWC