Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Upgrade NSA 2650 firmware

Hello Team,

Thank you for all your help!

Shiprasahu93 thank you for your advise we just renew the SonicWall Aalytics for 3 years.

I have downloaded the ( On-Prem Syslog Analytics ) for the ESXI installer.

The IT director finally assigned me to the NSA 2650.

Question?

I want to upgrade the NSA 2650 firmware but I found on MysSonicWall show ( update Zero Touch ).

Is the Zero Touch update same as Firmware update ?

Can I download the Zero Touch and install on the down time ?

Please advise ?

Thanks,

Faye

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Best Answers

• CORRECT ANSWER
    shiprasahu93shiprasahu93 Moderator
    Answer ✓

@Faye,

Zero Touch is designed to make the experience of adding a unit to CSC/NSM smooth and setting up for management and reporting easy. It is not the same as a firmware upgrade.

Please use the following KB for the firmware upgrade process.

You can take a look at the following KB for Zero touch.

Thank you!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• CORRECT ANSWER
    FayeFaye Newbie ✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓

Hello Shiprasahu93,

Sorry for the very late reply to this email.

We are in the process of migrating VM Servers to vSAN.

I have been working on rebuilding a Dell PowerEdge Rack server upgrade firmware etc.

I installed the SonicWall On-premise analytics on that Dell PowerEdge ESXi host.

I cannot apply the Analytics to the NSA 2650 yet because doing so will cause the NSA 2650 reboot.

I need more information on how to access the ( Primary NSA 2650 ) if you can help.

I checked the Primary NSA 2650 at Mysoncwall the firmware version is: 8.5-8512

The Secondary NSA 2650 firmware version is: 6.5.1.3-12n

I don't understand why both NSA 2650 are sync together or failover the firmware is supposed to be the same.

I tried to access through the console port on the Primary NSA 2650 but when I type there is no word.

I followed Sonicwall's instruction set the Baud rate: 115200.

Thanks.

Faye.

• CORRECT ANSWER
    shiprasahu93shiprasahu93 Moderator
    Answer ✓

@Faye,

The version that you see for the primary firewall looks like the firmware for GMS/Analyzer and not a firewall. Yes, if they are set up in HA, they should share the same firmware and settings.

Kindly check the status of HA from MONITOR | High Availability | Status section.

Also, I hope you are using the SonicWall console cable to connect to the primary unit as the pin configuration is proprietary to SonicWall. If you have set monitoring IP addresses for HA, you can use those IP addresses to reach both devices separately. Else, you can connect to the MGMT port using an ethernet cable on default address 192.168.1.254 (if it has not been changed).

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• CORRECT ANSWER
    FayeFaye Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

Hello Shiprasahu93,

Thank you so much!!

I am not sure the Cisco Console cable will compatible with the SonicWall firewall or not.

Anyway, I will follow the SonicWall guide to building a console cable.

You are correct about the primary NSA 2650 firmware was the GMS/Analyzer.

A SonicWall tech support person remote into my pc and verified both NSA 2650 firmware and he told me the primary NSA 2650 firmware was the GMS/Analyzer.

He couldn't access the Primary NSA 2650 and he said both NSA 2659 are not failover or sync together.

He advises me to open another ticket and schedule downtime to do troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Faye