Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

10.2.0.5 SMA410 Stops Responding

Twice now I've had my SMA410 just stop responding and drops all sessions. I'm unable to log into the admin portal locally. The only way I can get it to start responding again is to manually power cycle the unit. I upgraded to 10.2.0.5 on 2/6 and it's happened twice now on 2/8 and 2/10. When I check the logs both times there is a large chuck of the logs missing. Both times, the log entries stop around 1:17 and 1:18am and resume when the unit is manually restarted. I've just opened a ticket with support.

The update also broke my 2FA using Starling for the web interface. NetExtender is fine but web users aren't able to log in. I have a second ticket open for this issue.

Seems like a pretty buggy update.

Category: Secure Mobile Access Appliances

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @rhnac

I'am seeing this a lot, the log of an updated SMA 400 just stopped after 15 logged events, appliance is running besides that fine though.

Did not have to power cycle it, because of that troublesome on-board logging I suggest having a syslog server, this helped in the past.

--Michael@BWC

• rhnacrhnac Newbie ✭

Thanks for the info on the on-board logging. I bought this 410 last year to replace an EOL SRA EX6000 and I have not been impressed at all with it. I just had it dump all my users again today and nobody has contacted me yet from support.

• Hello @rhnac,

I hope you are safe and well.

I want to help. I'm sorry to hear about this inconvenience and have PM'd you asking for your case number. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager