Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Throughput issue on TZ400

banyuputihbanyuputih Newbie ✭
edited December 2020 in Entry Level Firewalls

Hi all,

I am new to SonicWall, I am facing the issue with bandwidth and throughput on my managed firewall TZ400. User have two links, first is dedicated 30Mbps (X1) and second one is up to 500Mbps (X3). User can reach 200-250Mbps with connect to ISP router directly (second link), but after it connects to sonicwall the BW is around 60-70Mbps only.

I have tried to use max SPI connection disable IPS, AV gateway, and capture ATP but I got additonal BW around 10Mbps.

Current setting is using Round Robin Load Balancing which was configured by previous IT person before me (see the attached pictures).

but it seems strange since I should group some IP address then put it on routing table to use the second link and the fail-over didn't work automatically.

Can anyone here advice the best practice of LB configuration and resolve the throughput issue? need help!

Thanks in advance.

Adi

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answers

• CORRECT ANSWER
    SaravananSaravanan Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @BANYUPUTIH,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

Could you please set the load balancing type to Basic Failover from Round Robin? Also, please remove X3 interface from Final Back-Up and enforce it to Selected Interface Pool's top. Let X3 be on top and X1 be below X3.

Please try the bandwidth test.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• CORRECT ANSWER
    SaravananSaravanan Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @BANYUPUTIH,

IMO, the setting change in the SonicWall shouldn't impact the VPN connection. Please make sure if the SAP server expects the users to come from a specific IP address. In this case, you can create a specific route on the SonicWall to force the VPN users to always use a specific WAN link. This route is not required if the WAN link that you need to use acts as a primary WAN.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

Answers