Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

page redirect as captive portal

Enzino78Enzino78 Enthusiast ✭✭
edited January 2021 in Mid Range Firewalls

Hello community, I have a request from a partner to implement a web redirection on the sonicwall fw as soon as user access the hotel wifi network (no SNWL APs used) on a dedicated landing page owned by the hotel for advertisement pourposes and then let user able to browse the web. No auth required, WiFi networks has no password set. How could be accomplished in a reliable way? It is a sort of captive portal managed b the firewall itself. Thanks, regards.

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• @Enzino78 ,

We do have some options called Guest Services that can be useful. Please take a look at this KB.

Also, moving this question to Mid range firewalls category.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• Enzino78Enzino78 Enthusiast ✭✭

@shiprasahu93 thanks for your feedback. Parner started from this point (guest service without auth)

but the he found it not so reliable (sometimes works, sometimes not) and thus ask us to verify other options to address the customer spec.

Are there any other experiences that have implemented iin other way such web redirection?

Thanks

• @Enzino78,

We can have user-level authentication done using access rules but I am afraid there are no other options for the landing page.

Post authentication, they will be able to access the internet.

What firmware are you on? If the guest services aren't working as expected, I would suggest working with our support team to fix that.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• Enzino78Enzino78 Enthusiast ✭✭

I will test internally the configuration and will update on the findings. Thanks and Regards.