Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

NSA-3600 : configure user logout

Hello,

My company got several NSA-3600 firewall, and I'm looking for a configuration for our users. I want to setup an automatic logout. For example, every user must be disconnected at 04:00 AM.

Is it a way to configure this ?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Marc

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• @Marcooooo,

We can control the flow of traffic using schedules in access rules. I do not think we can set this for the users themselves. But, if access rules are created for specific users/user groups, schedules can be applied to those.

Do you need this for users present behind the firewall or for users connecting using VPN?

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• Hi @MARCOOOOO,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

Are you looking for automatic user logout for VPN users or users managing firewalls? Please let me know if something else too.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• MarcoooooMarcooooo Newbie ✭

Hi !

Thanks for the quick replies!

We are working like this : our user got a login page, they put their credentials, and then they are connected for 24 hours (12 hours without any activities).

The problem is that if a user is connected in the afternoon, he will be logged out the day after. With the actual sanitary situation, a lot of our users are following online courses or exams. They don't want to be disconnected during a session. So an automatic logout at 04:00 AM could be a solution.

If it's possible, it would be great!

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Marc

• Hi @MARCOOOOO,

I guess your users are using browser authentication for their logins. If yes, you may need to utilize the access rules applied with ULA and apply schedules as needed. The schedule is common for all users. This should be the better or most suited way to accommodate your requirement.

Please let me know if any questions.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• @Marcooooo,

I don't think this can be done automatically. We do have an option to logout the selected users, where all active users can be selected and logged out from the firewall UI.

But, if the challenge is with the time, wouldn't a login time of 12 hours be better? The users that log in the morning can continue to work, while the ones that log in the afternoon will be logged out for the next day.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• I was thinking the same thing with access rules and schedules. Wasn't sure if that would muddy the waters or be easier in this specific use case.

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager