Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Cannot use Windows PPTP VPN connection after installation of SonicWall client

Good morning.

One of our client uses SonicWall VPN solution. They gave us a VPN client called Sonic Connect Tunnel v. 12.3.0.688.

The problem is that after installation of Connect Tunnel, we cannot use any other VPN connection based on PPTP protocol as SonicWall VPN adapter is set as a default VPN adapter for PPTP instead of Windows WAN Miniport (PPTP).

So when we create a new VPN connection via Windows wizard, it sees SonicWall VPN adapter as the "built-in" and default one.

How to set new VPN connection based on PPTP protocol but not to use SonicWall adapter?

Category: VPN Client

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

for clarification, when adding a new VPN connection via the Windows Settings you don't get an option other than Sonicwall PPTP in the VPN provider dropdown?

• Hello

Correct. In the first field - VPN Provider, there is only Windows (built in) device. But after installation of SonicWall, Windows built in device means SonicWall VPN adapter. I have got the same issue on the several Win10 clients computers.

• KaranMKaranM Administrator
    edited January 2021

Hello @LukaszTech ,

I hope you are safe and well!

@Simon, any thoughts on this?

As per my understanding, It doesn't seem to be normal behavior. @LukaszTech , In my suggestion, it would be best to handle this over a support case. Kindly attach the data and our support team will further analyze the cause of this issue.

Regards

Karan

Knowledge Management Senior Analyst at SonicWall.

• Thank you for the comment. I have some ideas how to troubleshoot that. After I will found the solution, I put it here for others.