Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

How can I map my local PC c: drive onto my remote PC, just like I can do with normal RDP?

BobAlstonBobAlston Newbie ✭
edited January 2021 in Entry Level Firewalls

With Sonicwall, How can I map my local PC c: drive onto my remote PC, just like I can do with normal RDP?

Bob

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    BobAlstonBobAlston Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

OK. What you are saying that the Standard Sonicwall web app, that step one turns on a VPN and step two connects to your remote PC via HTTP RDC cannot map a local drive.

So I used Sonicwall NetExtender, which CAN allow mapping of a local drive to setup the VPN and then used the Windows 10 standard VPN which also CAN map local drives onto the remote PC. After lots of trial and error and misteps involving what settings to use, I was able to get it to work and to map local drives onto the remote PC.

Bob

Answers

• @BobAlston,
    How are you connecting to the remote PC? Is there an existing VPN?

SonicWall enables you to have connectivity, mapping the drivers will automatically work if the access is allowed.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• BobAlstonBobAlston Newbie ✭

Yes I am connecting via a VPN.

I have Netextender Windows client ver 9.0.277

Bob

• @BobAlston,

So, you are accessing a remote PC using SSLVPN and want to map a drive on the remote PC that belongs to the machine that you made the connection with?

We use SSLVPN as a client VPN so that the remote resources are made accessible. I do not think that communication would work in the reverse direction.

Permanent connectivity like a site to site VPN needs to be present to perform such a task.

Please let me know if I am understanding the scenario at hand incorrectly.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• kacermomkacermom Newbie ✭

@BobAlston

I am trying to do the same thing do you have any instructions you can send me to get this working? Thanks Bonnie