Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Mutiple userrs being routed to VPN appliance in different location

OK I am going to re phrase this question as my last one wasnt very clear. We are a global company with about 1000 users, mostly in US (philly based VPN) and the UK (Horsham based VPN). There are a select number of users that are in the UK that are being given US VPN IP addresses. While they are not experiencing lag, I am curious as to why this is happening. These users have correct settings in their ConnectTunnel app so far as I can see. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Logs attached.

Category: VPN Client

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

So just from the logs, the two FQDNs the client is connecting to are global.XXXXX.com and epgukvpn.global.XXXXXX.com.

DNS results for global.XXXXXXX.com provide two IP addresses, one in USA the other in UK (as described).

DNS results for epgukvpn.global.XXXXXX.com provides only the UK IP address.

Is global.XXXXXX.com supposed to give out 2 IP addresses per DNS request? This might be where your issue is.

Since this is a public forum, its probably best to scrub any identifiable data from you log before posting.