Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

New SonicWall Resource Center Experience

The SonicWall web team has recently updated the resource center which provides a clean interface for browsing and includes a search results page using the latest search technology. Check it out today and give us your feedback!

Kind Regards,

Category: Water Cooler

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager

Comments

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

OK, I'll bite (I'm a sucker for this kind of click-bait)!

I don't recall if I ever went to the former site, so I don't know what it looked like; this is a fresh impression.

You've got a Recommended category of five items. You've got a Popular Resources of three items. Same for Federal. Same for Hot Topics, and Case Studies.

None of these titles link to additional pages. Is that expected behavior? Are you only going to display three items in each category?

Now, let's look at those items. Why are they not appearing in chronological order, i.e., most recent listed first?

And then there's the bizarre aspect of the floating "ad" on the right-hand side, under the fold. I don't understand the purpose that service at all. It is re-displaying information already on the page. Who would click on it?

I question who this page is designed for. The reason I'm asking is because each and every single item requires someone to fill out a form to obtain the data. Which part of the SonicWall organization benefits from harvesting this information?

If I'm a customer, shouldn't ONE form be sufficient for multiple document downloads? On the other side, if I'm a partner, shouldn't I have unrestricted access to this information via the partner portal? (Also, if I'm a partner, do I get any leads generated by this data grab of customer information?)

Last comment: someone needs to carefully review the Federal on demand webcast, "Securing Federal Agencies in Unprecedented Times" to ensure it corresponds with this week's latest news...

Thanks @Micah , that was fun!

• MicahMicah admin
    edited December 2020

@Larry, excellent questions (and sorry for the delay). I'm surprised you've never visited the old Resource Center. I'm glad to be the first to point you to this excellent resource. The Resource Center is a great place to keep up to date on the latest cybersecurity news as well as to find the latest specs on our products (datasheets).

In general, the landing page provides the most "interesting" topics based on trending searches (regardless of date). Our search page provides additional assets including whitepapers, case studies, datasheets, etc... (what do you think about the search page?) Like most companies, when folks download an asset, we provide the opportunity to stay in touch and to learn more about cybersecurity trends.

Your suggestion about only filling out the form once is in the works. This will be a part of the next Resource Center iteration.

May you and yours have a safe and prosperous 2021!

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager