Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Add another account firewall to my account

Hello SHIPRASAHU93,

I registered 2 TZ 400 firewalls under my company name last week.

My company has another 2 NSA 2650 firewalls.

How do I add those 2 NSA 2650 firewalls to the TZ 400 account?

I need to download the latest firmware for those NSA 2650 firewalls.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Faye

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Best Answers

• CORRECT ANSWER
    SaravananSaravanan Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @FAYE,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

Does the TZ 400 and NSa 2650 belong to different MySonicWall account that you are planning to have all the 4 firewalls under same MySonicWall account? or Is NSa 2650 waiting for a fresh MySonicWall registration?

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• CORRECT ANSWER
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Faye

the NSa 2650 account can grant your TZ account access by adding a user with the TZ login name, or you can transfer all appliances into a single MSW account. I guess running a single account is what you want because it's a single company?

There is a transfer option for that , but you need access to both accounts.

--Michael@BWC

• CORRECT ANSWER
    shiprasahu93shiprasahu93 Moderator
    Answer ✓

@Faye,

If the NSa 2650s are already registered to a different mysonicwall account, you can reach out to our Customer Service team and they will help you in getting that transferred to the new mysonicwall account you have just added. After the transfer you will be able to download the latest firmware for NSa 2650 from your account.

But, I don't think that will help you with the access of the firewall as that is dependent on the usernames created on the firewall or the built-in admin account. Are you using admin as the username while accessing the NSa 2650?

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• CORRECT ANSWER
    FayeFaye Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

Hello SHIPRASAHU93,

I am not sure what status I am signing in the firewall because the firewall has restriction.

I got kicked out every 5 minutes and by the time when I get back into the firewall I have to start over.

It is hard for me to pull information from the firewall.

I have requested extended the time for access the firewall.

Thanks very much,

Faye

• CORRECT ANSWER
    Answer ✓

Hello @Faye,

Please check if Log out the administrator after inactivity of (minutes): under MANAGE | Appliance | Base Settings is set to just 5 minutes. You might want to increase that to a higher value.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

• CORRECT ANSWER
    FayeFaye Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

Hello SHIPRASHU93,

Thank you very much!

We use ( SonicWall Analyzer 8.5 for the NSA 2650 ) and the license will need to be renewed.

What are the differences between SonicWall Analyzer and Fastvue Reporter for SonicWall?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Faye.

• CORRECT ANSWER
    Answer ✓

@Faye,

Analyzer is the SonicWall Proprietary reporting tool. I think Fastvue Reporter is a 3rd party tool.

If you are planning on renewing, I would suggest going with Analytics from SonicWall. You can get more info from the links below.

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Answers

• FayeFaye Newbie ✭

Hello Team,

Thank you very much for the info.

I am new to the company and I am not sure who has the Mysonicwall account.

I can access the NSa 2650 but I don't have permission to change anything.

I access the Secondary NSa 2650 so I cannot see the Config for the Primary NSa 2650.

I used my company name and my email address ( My company gave me the email address for work ) to register a New Mysonicwall account.

I registered two TZ 400 firewalls on the New Mysoniwall account and that TZ 400 firewalls are for another branch in different state use.

The company wants me to manage all SonicWalls and those two NSA 2650 are in the corporate where I am working.

I want to upgrade the NSA 2650 firmware because the NSa 2650 is missing the Audit Record icon, therefore, the company didn't receive an alert email.

I followed Shiprasahu93's instruction to clear the Browsers cache and I still didn't see the Audit Record Icon.

Thanks,

Faye.