Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Mobile Connect on Android - Tunnel All Mode Stopped Working

Hi,

Got a big problem. We have many users on Android phones using mobile Connect via SSL VPN to our NSA firewalls.

We use tunnel all mode on the clients.

Been working great for years. Latest Android app updated 18/04. You can tell it's updated as it looks slightly different.

Connects to VPN fine as before, but no connectivity at all.nmonitor says connected and tunnel only mode is showing.

Any ideas as this is a big problem and needs fixing before Monday when all our remote working staff start the week.
Category: VPN Client

Best Answers

Answers

• KaranMKaranM Administrator

Hi @RichardParry,

I hope you are doing good!

Please help me with the below:

• Is this happening with the all the Android phones you are using?
    • Are all these test clients on the same network (example all phones connected to same wifi network)?
    • Did we try this with phones conected in different networks?
    • When you say no connectivity at all, do you mean, no connectivity to local resources accross vpn or no internet connectivity?

Thank You

Knowledge Management Senior Analyst at SonicWall.

• KaranMKaranM Administrator

Hi @RichardParry ,

Adding to the above, are you using MC Android version 5.0.14? If yes then this might be related to a similar issue (MC-327) reported to the engineering team and they are working towards a fix. I would request you to please contact SonicWall Support for further help on this.

Thank You

Knowledge Management Senior Analyst at SonicWall.

• Hi, To answer your question, yes, the latest 5.0.14 version. I've tried desperately to find an older version, but only as an APK from dodgy external sources. Is there a way to download an APK from SonicWall directly, which I know will be safe?

To answer your earlier question;

• Is this happening with the all the Android phones you are using?

Yes, all Android phones which have auto-updated to 5.0.14 now no longer route all traffic through the VPN, despite it doing this perfectly in all previous versions of the app for years. It allows connectivity by IP address on the remote network only, and only for some hosts, DNS resolution no longer works either.

• Are all these test clients on the same network (example all phones connected to same wifi network)?

All the devices are remote, so not on the wifi network in the office, hence using the VPN to connect in remotely.

• Did we try this with phones conected in different networks?

See above.

• When you say no connectivity at all, do you mean, no connectivity to local resources accross vpn or no internet connectivity?

As above, traffic is no longer routed through the VPN like it used to. We have the Tunnel All mode on, and is shown in the App on the Android phone, but it is no longer tunnelling DNS or IP traffic through the VPN.

If there is a way to roll-back the app somehow, perhaps for you to supply an APK of an earlier release then I can install this manually on the Android devices to at least get this back up and running and we can turn off auto-update so the newer broken version doesn't replace it.

Thanks, Richard

• Thanks @Vijay_Kumar_KV !

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager