Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Import cli scp syntax

SonicAdmin80SonicAdmin80 Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

I'm trying the command 'import cli scp' but no matter what I type after that as the address, it just errors out with "error encountered at marker".

I tried with several different forms of the command but couldn't get it to work. Is it even implemented? This is on SonicOS 7.

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Answers

• Hello @SonicAdmin80 - The CLI gives context-sensitive help if you type a command with a space and question mark. That is how I got this output:

config(2CB8ED693BB4)# import exp

ftp   Import using the FTP protocol.

scp   Import using the SCP protocol.

config(2CB8ED693BB4)# import exp scp

scp   Import using the SCP protocol.

config(2CB8ED693BB4)# import exp scp <WORD/QUOTED STRING>

Where:

<WORD/QUOTED STRING> = SCP server URL

SCP URL in the form: userName@serverip:/fileDirectory

Example:

userTest@10.10.10.10:/home/userTest/

Example:

import exp ftp \

ftp://user:password@servername/soniccore-sonicos-xxx.swi

import exp scp user@server:/home/user/soniccore-sonicos-xxx.swi

• SonicAdmin80SonicAdmin80 Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @John_Lasersohn,

Yes I know, but the example for scp is not correct as it doesn't accept the command even if the example is followed perfectly. To me it looks like it's not implemented at least for cli import. I didn't try for exp.

• Hello @SonicAdmin80 - I would think the syntax for SCP needs a password just like the one for FTP does. If that is the case, then the context-sensitive help is lacking. Maybe this would work:

user:Password@10.10.10.10:/home/userTest/

@John_Lasersohn, I just tried that but it doesn't work either. Strangely the help indicates that only a directory should be entered and not a path, which points to that it should work interactively. Maybe the scp feature is not actually finished.

• Hello @SonicAdmin80. Sorry for the delay here. I agree with you that there may be something going on with SCP that our support team needs to review. Please, can you create a support case so they can review and, if needed, escalate to our devs?

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager

I can create a case when I have the time. In the end I did the configuration with "import cli terminal merge" by pasting smaller sections at a time and it worked fairly well. I had some problems with FTP import as well so direct pasting worked the best in this case.