Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Webex blocked

Webex has been working fine until just recently. We upgraded to 6.5.4.7-83n 2 weeks ago, and this last Friday we started getting calls webex wasn't working. There's only two admins and we didn't make any changes. I've since simply added it to the trusted domain list and it's working now. This is the 2nd time this year something like this happened after an update. Last time Youtube it was a YouTube restricted mode issue caused by the sonicwall. I haven't contacted support yet. Anyone have any thoughts why all of sudden Webex is being blocked?

Category: High End Firewalls

Comments

• Hi @DJHURT1,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

I would suggest you to remove the domain from Trusted Domain list and access the website once. Please verify the logs on the SonicWall to identify the root cause. You can also perform packet capture on the SonicWall appliance and try accessing the website.

We should be able to identify the actual reason for the firewall behavior with webex.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• djhurt1djhurt1 Newbie ✭
    edited December 2020

I checked in application control and from what I see in the attached image, it doesn't appear to be

blocked there. I'll check the logs per your instructions as well.

• Yes, thanks @DJHURT1.

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

Any suggestion what log I should be looking at? Nothing is showing in Event log. The only other log populated is connection logs.

• @djhurt1, do you see any logs for Encrypted Key Exchange -- UDP Random Encryption(UltraSurf) or Encrypted Key Exchange -- TCP Random Encryption(Skype,UltraSurf,Emule) being blocked?

• Hi @DJHURT1,

May be the logging is not enabled for all categories in the SonicWall. Please try performing a packet capture on the SonicWall for the source IP address of the machine from where you are trying to access the webex. This could give you a clue.

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

hi @djhurt1,

Please check Proxy-Access is enabled in your AppControl. If its enabled please disable and try.

• Kevs101Kevs101 Newbie ✭

we experience same issue as this, was this fixed? no changes from firewall was made and suddenly webex meeting was blocked and keeps connecting status, in short, cannot connect to webex.

edited January 2021

We did. In our situation, the site was mis-categorized/rated incorrectly. This was later corrected by Sonicwall.