Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Routing via Sonicwall VPN to specific site only

Hi,

I know you can setup split tunnel for a Sonicwall firewall (although Im not entirely sure how) but is there any other way to route VPN clients to specific sites via the Sonicwall so it effectively connects as the external IP of the Sonicwall network rather than the IP of the clients ISP. I dont want to route all traffic via the VPN through the WAN link of the Sonicwall (just the specific sites).

Thanks

Category: SSL VPN
Tagged:

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    SaravananSaravanan Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @SIMONSCHUCK,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

You have to create an address object for the website's IP address and put the object to the client routes and VPN access of the SSLVPN user account. NO need to enable tunnel all mode for SSLVPN.

There should be a NAT policy and an access rule as described below,

Source: SSLVPN IP Pool, Translated Source: X1 IP (or any other WAN IP you wish), Destination: Address Object of the website, Translated Destination: Original, Service: Any, Translated Service: Original, Inbound Interface: Select the WAN Interface, Outbound Interface: Select the WAN Interface.

SSLVPN to WAN rule,

Source: SSLVPN IP Pool, Destination: Any, Service: Any, Action: Allow.

These settings should do the trick.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

Answers

• Hi - can I just check what the zone assignment should be for this - would it be SSL VPN or LAN?